Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Homemade Play Dough!

This is one of my FAVORITE crafts I've done with kids.
I made it a while back with a few of my favorite kiddos.
Ingredients:
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup salt
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 cup water
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
liquid food coloring

Directions:
1) Mix the dry ingredients in a medium sauce pan. (B loved pouring the stuff in the pan for me)
2) Mix the wet ingredients in a measuring cup.
**Some recipes say to mix the food coloring in measuring cup, I never do this because I seperate the dough after and color it instead of making a new batch for each color**
3) Pour the wet ingredients in until throughly mixed.
4) Put on medium heat and stir occasionally.
5 )Remove from heat when you see a skin (took like 4-5 minutes for us) and let it cool for a few minutes.
6) Remove from pan and kneed the dough
(This is when I seperate the dough and mix in the colors)
7) Give to the kids and let them have at it!!

Their mom said the kids played with it for hours at the table. We put it in ziplock bags and it lasted for months. It may even still be around, I didn't check last time I was home from school!!



No comments:

Post a Comment