Monday, September 1, 2014

6:100 Days of Happy


My Apartment. I'm happy for my apartment. Mostly my room. My teal and red side of the room. My perfectly coordinated, overly matchy room. Matching makes me happy. My color scheme makes me happy. Pictures of my friends make me happy. Organization makes me happy. I'm living in an apartment for the first time and I feel like a grown up. I have to make my own meals and if I don't, I starve. I felt undeniably old remembering that I had to actually make the food I eat, not just swipe into a cafeteria. I have to cook and clean and do laundry. I have to work and do all the things I've done for the past three years but it feels so much more 'adult' when you do it from an apartment and not a tiny dorm room. So, my comfortable, organized, teal and red, shared with my best friend room makes me feel comfortable. At home. Less adult like. I don't know why. But it makes me happy, so that's enough. I'm happy for my apartment, mostly my room.

No comments:

Post a Comment