Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Blogging Hiatus.

I've been in a rut. Not a blogging rut, a life rut. Between school work and work work, I am being sucked dry of any fun. For the last 4 weeks it has felt like I have been consistently just about to drown and it is everything in me not to just sink. Now before you go and call for help, I am not by any means saying I am depressed or really even anything besides dramatic. I am just chronically stretched too thin and it has gotten the best of me. It always does this time of year. Thankfully, the end is in sight. Unthankfully, there is a lot of crap that has to be done before I can drag myself across the finish line.




Due to this unexpected life rut, I have taken and unplanned blogging hiatus for the last 3 and a half weeks. I have actively avoided my blog and anything blog related and tried to pretend I wasn't losing the following I had worked hard to maintain. I did not fulfill promises I had made regarding blog post requests. I did not answer e-mails from followers and people requesting guest posts. It took everything in me to post a few instagram posts but I could not so much as even start a new post or even edit the ones I had already written. I was fresh out of inspiration. I am not sure that my inspiration is back but I have mustered up the energy to write this so that counts for something, right?!


I think I just needed some time with the people I love and a moment to not be behind on things. This week I came back from the weekend feeling better, less drained and less "oh my God I'm drowning." I also have not yet had the overwhelming desire to drop out of school, so that's a plus. However, I did have 3 chocolate chip cookies for breakfast and stared at my computer screen for 45 minutes before I so much as opened a word document. Baby steps, people, baby steps.































There is a lesson in here somewhere though. A lesson to not stretch yourself too thin, perhaps? Or maybe a lesson to take a break when you need it. Yeah, let's go with that. When you get in a life rut, or a blogging rut or a school rut. Any rut, really. They all suck. Take some time and do not apologize for it. Breath some air and drink some water. Put yourself to bed early. Hug people you love and take selfies with cute babies. Eat burritos. Step away from the crazy and do not for one second feel bad about it.Take care of yourself even if it sometimes means being a little selfish.


So here's to hoping I am back and ready to go. I have blog post ideas and a schedule I am ready to implement. I am hoping to find some time here soon to get ahead on blogging, so I do not fall behind when I hit a rut again!

What have I missed this month?!

1 comment:

  1. I went through a somewhat similar rut in which inspiration just wasn't coming around and I didn't have the motivation to do what I needed o as a blogger anymore. But with time, just like you, it returned. Never apologize for not posting, at the end of the day this is YOUR space, and you're in no way obligated to do what you don't wish to! Here's to more post and more balance!
    http://figuringoutmyeverafter.com

    ReplyDelete